In partnership with Central Florida’s judicial court system, Goodwill offers a court-ordered community service program. Under Florida law, a judge can require offenders to complete service as a form of restoration/reparation and as an opportunity for rehabilitation.
Goodwill’s program allows individuals to meet this requirement while giving back to the community. Last year, 2,687 people fulfilled their service through Goodwill – a total of 78,412 hours by the end of 2015.
By providing this opportunity for offenders to actively engage and contribute to our community, we’re able to improve the lives of participants and help them make a fresh start.
In order to be approved to perform community service hours at Goodwill Industries, the following guidelines must be met. You must:
Please note that charges must have occurred in Goodwill's service area, which includes these Central Florida counties only: Brevard, Orange, Osceola, Lake, Seminole, and Volusia.
In order to receive credit for all hours completed, you must:
Goodwill does not accept individuals convicted of the following current charges:
Running Out of Time to Complete Your Hours?
Goodwill has Express Hours available for you to complete quickly at the following locations:
Hours available: Mon - Sat 9AM to 8PM & Sun 10AM to 6PM
*The location of Express Hours is subject to change on a weekly basis*
Steps in the application process:
1. Click the link below to apply
2. E-mail the required documents to the address listed in section 2 of the application (If we do not receive the required documents within 24 hours of submitting the application you will be denied and will have to re- apply)
3. Once we receive all necessary paperwork you will receive a follow-up email with further instructions to complete the Orientation (Orientation E-mail)
4. Watch the Orientation Video and accept the terms and conditions of the Goodwill Community Service Program (This is required in order to be assigned a location)
5. Once your application has been approved you will report to the assigned contact person.
*Please remember to e-mail your required documents within 24 hours of submitting your application. Your application will be DENIED if you fail to do so. Follow the directions in the link below to apply.*