We're In This Together
In response to the COVID-19 health pandemic, we at Goodwill Industries of Central Florida understand the multi-faceted impact business closures, furloughs, layoffs, and unemployment has on individuals and families. Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our community and employees. While we navigate these challenging times, the needs of the people we serve and support in Central Florida continue. We are committed to our mission of Building Lives That Work.
Program and Services Updates
Update as of March 25, 2020
As COVID-19 continues to impact Central Florida, we are working to mitigate the potential effects in our communities and our operations in conjunction with local, state and federal agencies. The well-being of our employees, partners, and the community continues to be our most important priority. As an organization dedicated to serving the public, we are taking this quickly changing situation seriously.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida will pause accepting new community service workers (CSWs) until further notice. Current CSWs participating in community service with our organization are not to report until further notice. Updates will be posted on our COVID-19 resources page as they become available.
Retail Store and Donation Xpress Center Updates
Update as of June 19, 2020
With mandatory mask orders going into effect per Mayor Demmings’ Executive Order No. 2020-23, masks and protective face coverings will be required in all of our Orange County retail stores, Donation Xpress Centers, and NCF locations starting Saturday, June 20. Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to comply with CDC recommendations and government ordinances to slow the spread of the virus.
The majority of retail stores and Donation Xpress Centers in Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Volusia counties are now open to the public. During our closure, we’ve cleaned and sanitized our stores and have implemented new, ongoing safety and cleaning measures to further aid in the health and wellness of our staff, customers, and donors.
- Our retail stores are now open Monday-Saturday from 9 A.M-7 P.M., and 10 A.M.-6 P.M. on Sunday.
- The Outlets are now open Monday-Saturday from 9 A.M.-6 P.M., and 10 A.M.-6 P.M. on Sunday.
- All Donation Xpress Center locations are open daily from 9 A.M.-5 P.M.
To maintain the health and safety of our customers and retail associates, the following restrictions for the Outlets will be in place:
- 5 shopping sessions (9 A.M., 11 A.M., 1 P.M., 3 P.M., and 5 P.M.) will be available for shoppers throughout the day to shop
- Each session will be limited to 75 people and they will have one hour to shop
- Only 1 person is allowed at a table at a time, for 5 minutes, before moving to the next table
- Tables are sanitized between each session and are spaced 8 ft apart
- Shoppers will be given a ticket that allows them to shop during their specific session and there will be designated entry and exit points
- Shoppers may return to the line for the next shopping session once they have completed their hour
As a reminder, please do not leave your donated items outside retail store donation doors and Donation Xpress Center doors after closing hours.
Job Connection Center Updates
Update as of June 9, 2020
Job Connection Center employment assistance services are available virtually and over the phone. For employment assistance, please call (407) 235-1541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive services. We are not able to assist individuals in-person at this time.
Get access to 200+ free online courses including computer basics, MS Office, Google, job searching, and much more with GCF Learn Free.
Vocational Services and Training Programs Updates
Update as of April 7, 2020
- Phone – Call us at 407-235-1560 or 407-853-9466
- Video – Arrangements may be made for a video call
- Email – email@example.com
If you would like to get services through Vocational Rehabilitation Division go directly to their website.
Please be aware that local Vocational Rehabilitation offices are temporarily closed to the public to minimize exposure to COVID-19. VR representatives are reaching out to anyone needing our services by phone and/or email, not in-person. For local contact information, click here.
Questions, call VR Headquarters Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (EDT) toll-free at (800) 451-4327 and email at VRDirector@vr.fldoe.org.
Neighborhood Center for Families (NCF) Updates
Update as of June 19, 2020
Services provided by the Neighborhood Centers for Families (NCF) will be provided in-person, by phone or email.
With mandatory mask orders going into effect per Orange County, FL Mayor Demmings’ Executive Order No. 2020-23, masks and protective face coverings will be required in all of our NCF locations starting Saturday, June 20.
Florida Department of Child and Families:
Veterans Crisis Line:
- Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
- Send a text to 838255
- Chat online
- Support for deaf and hard of hearing call 1-800-799-4889
Re-employment Assistance Insurance:
1-800-204-2418 during the hours of 8 am to 5 pm
Housing and Rent:
Department of Housing and Urban Development: Assistance for residents who are concerned about housing, renting, foreclosure and eviction
- Immediate assistance:
- FHA Single Family: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-CALL- FHA
- Public and Indian Housing: call 800-955-2232
- Fannie Mae Assistance Options for Homeowners
- Freddie Mac: mortgage relief
- Federal Housing Finance Agency: Suspend foreclosures and evictions for at least 60 days due to COVID-19
Job Loss and Unemployment:
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity re-employment assistance
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
Health and Welfare:
- Coverage and Benefits related to COVID-19 Medicaid and CHIP
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Distress Helpline
- Provides 24/7 crisis counseling and support to those in emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters
- To connect call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- Free Spectrum Broadband and Wifi: access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum Broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100/mps.
- To enroll call 1-844-488-8395
- Comcast Internet Support for New Low-Income Customers
- AT&T Support
- Sprint Support
Report Price Gouging:
Brevard Public Schools will provide meals for students starting Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27, from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. Meals will be distributed to any child age 18 years and younger. Each child will receive a package containing one breakfast meal and one lunch meal. Children may come without a parent and will be served. However, parents/guardians who come must have the children present with them in order to receive meals for those children per USDA requirements.
- Monday- Friday, from 10:30 am to 1 pm, ALL traditional Lake County Public Schools will be distributing meals, except Lake Hills School. Mascotte and Minneola charter schools will also be distributing meals during these times.
- Grab-and-go Meals for Students: Orange County Public School Meal Assistance
- Second Harvest Food Bank
Mental Health Assistance:
Senior Care Assistance:
- Osceola County School District: School Nutrition Services Department will provide FREE breakfast and lunch to children 18 years and under during the extended school closure between March 23 through March 27, 2020 and available for pickup between 9:30 am – 11:00 am. Please see website for details.
- Osceola Christian Ministry Center: Will serve hot meals Monday- Friday from 11am-noon and has a food pantry open Monday- Friday 12:30-1:30pm.
Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) will be providing FREE breakfast and lunch meals for its students (18 years old and younger) during the extended school closure period of March 23 through March 27, 2020. Please see website for details.
Substance Abuse Resources or call (407) 665-6659
Senior shopping hours:
Special senior shopping hours are being offered at some Volusia County stores. The information below applies to all locations in Volusia county unless otherwise noted.
- Publix: Beginning March 24, 7 – 8 am, Tuesdays & Wednesdays
- Save a Lot: Beginning March 24, 7 – 8 am, daily
- Winn Dixie: Beginning March 20, 8 – 9 am, Monday through Friday
- Target: Beginning March 20, 8 – 9 am, Wednesdays
- Walmart: Beginning March 24, 6 – 7 am, Tuesdays
- Love Whole Foods: Beginning March 20, call-in orders with curbside service