We're In This Together
As the COVID-19 health crisis deepens, we at Goodwill Industries of Central Florida understand the multi-faceted impact business closures, furloughs, layoffs, and unemployment has on individuals and families. Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our community and employees. While we navigate these challenging times, the needs of the people we serve and support in Central Florida continue. We are committed to our mission of Building Lives That Work.
Program and Services Updates
Update as of March 25, 2020
As COVID-19 continues to impact Central Florida, we are working to mitigate the potential effects in our communities and our operations in conjunction with local, state and federal agencies. The well-being of our employees, partners, and the community continues to be our most important priority. As an organization dedicated to serving the public, we are taking this quickly changing situation seriously.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida will pause accepting new community service workers (CSWs) until further notice. Current CSWs participating in community service with our organization are not to report until further notice. Updates will be posted on our COVID-19 resources page as they become available.
Retail Store and Donation Xpress Center Updates
Update as of March 25, 2020
Effective March 26, 2020, our retail stores in Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Volusia counties will be temporarily closed to aid in the prevention of COVID-19. We will periodically re-evaluate the status operation hours, following all guidance and direction from local, state, national guidelines and the CDC.
All Donation Xpress Centers will remain open from 10 am to 6 pm daily.
We appreciate your continued support and generous donations during these challenging times. However, we ask that you hold on to your donations, as our Donation Xpress Centers have limited hours (10 am-6 pm) and staffing. Please do not leave your donated items outside the retail store donation doors. Large items and truck-load donations can be delivered to our Taft Outlet where they will be received:
Orlando, FL 32837
Again, we thank you for your donations and support of our mission. We only ask that you follow these temporary protocols to ensure your donations can be properly utilized to Build Lives That Work.
Job Connection Center Updates
Update as of April 1, 2020
Our Job Connection Centers employment assistance services are available virtually and over the phone. For employment assistance, please call (407) 235-1541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive services. We will not be able to assist individuals in-person at this time.
Get access to 200+ free online courses including computer basics, MS Office, Google, job searching, and much more with GCF Learn Free.
GoodSource Staffing Services Updates
Update as of March 26, 2020
Florida Department of Child and Families:
Veterans Crisis Line:
- Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
- Send a text to 838255
- Chat online
- Support for deaf and hard of hearing call 1-800-799-4889
Re-employment Assistance Insurance:
1-800-204-2418 during the hours of 8 am to 5 pm
Housing and Rent:
Department of Housing and Urban Development: Assistance for residents who are concerned about housing, renting, foreclosure and eviction
- Immediate assistance:
- FHA Single Family: email@example.com or call 1-800-CALL- FHA
- Public and Indian Housing: call 800-955-2232
- Fannie Mae Assistance Options for Homeowners
- Freddie Mac: mortgage relief
- Federal Housing Finance Agency: Suspend foreclosures and evictions for at least 60 days due to COVID-19
Job Loss and Unemployment:
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity re-employment assistance
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
Health and Welfare:
- Coverage and Benefits related to COVID-19 Medicaid and CHIP
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Distress Helpline
- Provides 24/7 crisis counseling and support to those in emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters
- To connect call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- Free Spectrum Broadband and Wifi: access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum Broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100/mps.
- To enroll call 1-844-488-8395
- Comcast Internet Support for New Low-Income Customers
- AT&T Support
- Sprint Support
Report Price Gouging:
Brevard Public Schools will provide meals for students starting Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27, from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. Meals will be distributed to any child age 18 years and younger. Each child will receive a package containing one breakfast meal and one lunch meal. Children may come without a parent and will be served. However, parents/guardians who come must have the children present with them in order to receive meals for those children per USDA requirements.
- Monday- Friday, from 10:30 am to 1 pm, ALL traditional Lake County Public Schools will be distributing meals, except Lake Hills School. Mascotte and Minneola charter schools will also be distributing meals during these times.
- Grab-and-go Meals for Students: Orange County Public School Meal Assistance
- Second Harvest Food Bank
Mental Health Assistance:
Senior Care Assistance:
- Osceola County School District: School Nutrition Services Department will provide FREE breakfast and lunch to children 18 years and under during the extended school closure between March 23 through March 27, 2020 and available for pickup between 9:30 am – 11:00 am. Please see website for details.
- Osceola Christian Ministry Center: Will serve hot meals Monday- Friday from 11am-noon and has a food pantry open Monday- Friday 12:30-1:30pm.
Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) will be providing FREE breakfast and lunch meals for its students (18 years old and younger) during the extended school closure period of March 23 through March 27, 2020. Please see website for details.
Substance Abuse Resources or call (407) 665-6659
Senior shopping hours:
Special senior shopping hours are being offered at some Volusia County stores. The information below applies to all locations in Volusia county unless otherwise noted.
- Publix: Beginning March 24, 7 – 8 am, Tuesdays & Wednesdays
- Save a Lot: Beginning March 24, 7 – 8 am, daily
- Winn Dixie: Beginning March 20, 8 – 9 am, Monday through Friday
- Target: Beginning March 20, 8 – 9 am, Wednesdays
- Walmart: Beginning March 24, 6 – 7 am, Tuesdays
- Love Whole Foods: Beginning March 20, call-in orders with curbside service