ORLANDO, Fla. (May 8, 2020) – As of today, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida has reopened six of its retail stores and 12 Donation Xpress Centers. The nonprofit plans to reopen the remaining locations in phases, including its new retail store in Lady Lake.
New safety measures, such as one-way aisles and plexiglass partitions at the registers, will be in place at all reopened stores. In addition, employees will be wearing facemasks and gloves. Dressing rooms will be closed, and as a result, the return policy will be extended to 14 days so that shoppers can return items that don’t fit.
“Our organization is built on the belief that a job means more than a paycheck – it’s the first step to a brighter future,” said Kim Praniewicz, senior director of marketing and communications of Goodwill Industries of Central Florida. “Now, as our community begins the process of recovery, that mission is more critical than ever.”
Goodwill’s retail stores are the main source of funding for its nonprofit services, including career counseling, vocational training and job placement. Ninety cents of every dollar in revenue goes directly to support employment assistance in Central Florida.
The following Goodwill stores are now open:
- 7531 S. Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando
- 750 Orange Ave. in Winter Park
- 1600 N. Woodland Blvd. in DeLand
- 1752 Dunlawton Ave. in Port Orange
- 4900 Wickham Road, Suite 108, in North Melbourne
- 2245 Coastal Lane in West Melbourne
The following Donation Xpress Centers are now open:
- 7613 Della Drive in Orlando
- 6506 Old Brick Road, Suite 150, in Windermere
- 3901 East Village Center Drive in Orlando
- 1150 Highway A1A in Satellite Beach
- 2910 Maguire Road in Ocoee
- 165 Wekiva Springs Road, Suite 103, in Longwood
- 1295 Tuskawilla Road in Winter Springs
- 500 E. Michigan Street in Orlando
- 13900 Landstar Blvd. in Orlando
- 3577 Lake Emma Road in Lake Mary
- 7007 N. Wickham Road in Melbourne
- 1980 Howell Branch Road in Winter Park
These locations will be operating under limited hours. Donation Xpress Centers will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day. Retail stores will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Job-seekers can access all Job Connection Center resources and counseling online by emailing JobConnection@GoodwillCFL.org or calling (407) 235-1541.
About Goodwill Industries of Central Florida, Inc.
Since 1959, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida has provided vocational and job placement services to tens of thousands of people with disabilities and other barriers to employment. With 29 retail stores and 20 Donation Xpress locations in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Brevard, Lake and Volusia counties, Goodwill directly channels more than 90 percent of its annual revenue into programs that enable individuals to secure long-term employment and become self-sufficient. For more information about Goodwill Industries of Central Florida, visit www.goodwillcfl.org, “like” GoodwillCFL on Facebook or follow @goodwillcfl on Twitter.