No, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida does not offer home pickup. However, we can arrange to send a truck to pick up items after a neighborhood yard sale or other large-scale event.
Goodwill accepts gently used:
- Clothing for all ages and occasions
- Toys, games and sporting goods
- Shoes and accessories
- Books, CDs and DVDs
- Furniture in good condition
- Home decor and linens
- Kitchen items, such as coffee makers, blenders, toasters, and dorm-size refrigerators in working condition
- Electronics, such as lamps, MP3s, IPods, and clock radios in working condition
- Computers and cell phones in working and non-working condition
- Tools and lawn equipment if gas has been removed
Goodwill cannot accept:
- Vehicles or their parts
- Pianos and organs
- Large appliances, such as washer/dryers, refrigerators and stoves
- Medicine, paint, cleaning products, chemicals and other hazardous waste
- Outside playsets
- Building supplies such as lumber, cabinets, sinks
- Infant car seats and cribs
- TVs or television sets
- Weapons or ammunition
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida has Retail Stores and Donation Xpress Centers throughout Central Florida. Opens new windowFind a location near you.
Each donation to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida makes an impact. 90% of every dollar spent at Goodwill goes directly to programs that help people in our area. View calculator.
Yes. Under federal law, you can deduct many financial contributions to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida and donations of gently used clothing and household items.
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service requires donors to value their items when filing tax returns. Opens PDF in new windowDownload a list of commonly donated items and their estimated values.
We’ve made it easy for you to track your donations to Goodwill for year-end tax purposes. When you drop off your donation, the attendant will give you a Donation Tracking Receipt with easy to follow instructions for setting up your online account. It’s a fast and easy way to record your annual donations to Goodwill. You can view the Opens new windowDonor Portal here.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida accepts cell phones, computers and laptops. We even take obsolete and nonworking items that would otherwise clog landfills. Just drop off your items at any of our Retail Stores or Donation Xpress Centers.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida also practices environmental friendliness by recycling cardboard, plastics, mattresses and other items in our stores. Additionally, we have recently upgraded to a new online donation tracking receipt, eliminating carbon copy paper receipts.
It’s easy to hold a drive at your workplace, church, neighborhood or community group. We’ll provide donation bins, fliers and receipts.
If you would like to hold a children’s book drive to support our BookWorks program, please call our Volunteer Coordinator at (407) 218-4435.
You can help raise awareness of Goodwill Industries of Central Florida’s work by encouraging your family, friends and neighbors to watch this video and join the “Donate Movement.” Opens new windowWatch video.
Goodwill Industries has made it easy for you to track your donations to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida for year-end tax purposes. When you drop off your donation, you will receive a Donation Tracking Receipt, including directions on how to set up your online account. This makes it easy for you to record your annual donations to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is a registered, reputable 501(c) non-profit organization. You can view our certification here. Opens PDF in new windowYou can also view our sales tax exemption certificate here.
· As a non-profit, Goodwill is “owned” by the communities it serves and is governed by a board of directors made up of volunteers from throughout its 6-county service area. You can see the current Board of Directors here.
· Donations to Goodwill support our goal of providing job training and career development services, particularly to individuals with disabilities and/or other barriers to employment. Our mission is “Building Lives That Work.”
· Goodwill Industries of Central Florida provided free vocational services to over 41,544 people in 2019, and helped over 9,325 find jobs in our community.
· More than 90 cents of every dollar earned by Goodwill Industries of Central Florida supports its life-changing mission. Nationally, Opens new windowCharityWatch, an independent organization that evaluates philanthropic organizations, gives Goodwill an “A” rating — one of the highest in the country for a non-profit organization. You can also view Goodwill’s tax documents through Opens new windowGuideStar, whose mission is to revolutionize philanthropy by providing information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions, and encourages charitable giving.
· Goodwill Industries follows a rigorous process to determine executive compensation.Opens new window Learn more here.
Yes. Our stores offer:
- “Color of the Week” specials – 1/2 off on most color-tagged items
- Senior discount for individuals 55 and older on Mondays
- Active duty or retired military discount on Wednesdays
This policy takes effect as of October 1, 2018
Items purchased on or before September 30, 2018, will be honored under the previous policy.
- Clothing: No refunds. Exchange only within 7 days with receipt and tag attached.
- Shoes: No refunds. Exchange only within 7 days with receipt.
- Electrical/Mechanical: This pertains to items with electrical cords and batteries only. All items purchased “as is”. No refunds. No exchange. Items are to be tested before being priced for sale; however, please test before purchase.
- New Mattresses/Foundations: All sales are final. No refunds. No exchange.
You can find a wide variety of items in our Retail Stores, including:
- Clothes and shoes with many designer labels
- Gently used name-brand furniture
- Housewares, kitchen items and small appliances in good working order
- Brand-new closeout merchandise (in some stores)
- Small electronics
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida accepts cash, checks, all major credit cards, Apple Pay, and Google Wallet.
Yes, our Retail Stores have clean, spacious dressing rooms.
Due to COVID-19, our retail store dressing rooms are temporarily closed.
At Goodwill, donations = jobs . . . and jobs change lives.
You can help by rounding your purchase to the nearest dollar and donating the change to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida. Your quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies support Goodwill’s vocational programs that help people find jobs and achieve economic self-sufficiency right here in Central Florida.
We offer competitive benefits for employees, including:
- Group health, dental and vision insurance (full-time only)
- Paid vacation (full-time only)
- Paid personal leave (full-time only)
- Holiday pay (full-time only)
- Company-paid life insurance (full-time & part-time)
- Direct deposit
- Company-paid retirement plan
- 403(B) Retirement plan (employee contributions)
- Employee discount
- Gym wellness reimbursement
- Educational reimbursement
You can apply via our Opens new windowCareers Portal, email, or in person.
Here’s what some of our employees are saying about working for Goodwill Industries of Central Florida:
- “I fell in love with the mission . . .”
- “It is a rewarding experience to go home and know that I have helped someone to be a better person . . .”
- “Working for Goodwill gives me the opportunity to work for an organization with a great mission . . .”
- “They have an excellent salary and incentive plan, and the benefits are remarkable . . .”
- “I love working for Goodwill Industries. It’s a company that puts feet to their mission . .”
Job Skills & Programs
Yes, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida offers services to the community at no charge – funded by the sale of items in our Retail Stores.
To sign up for job skills services, please call our Vocational Services Center at 407-235-1500. You may also fill out our Opens PDF in new windowapplication for services and bring it in to any of our Job Connection Centers. For all other services, please call 407-857-0659.