No, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida does not offer home pickup. However, we can arrange to send a truck to pick up items after a neighborhood yard sale or other large-scale event. Email email@example.com to learn more.
Goodwill accepts gently used:
- Clothing for all ages and occasions
- Toys, games and sporting goods
- Shoes and accessories
- Books, CDs and DVDs
- Furniture in good condition
- Home decor and linens
- Kitchen items, such as coffee makers, blenders, toasters, and dorm-size refrigerators in working condition
- Electronics, such as lamps, MP3s, iPods, and clock radios in working condition
- Computers and cell phones in working and non-working condition
- Tools and lawn equipment if gas has been removed
Goodwill cannot accept:
- Pianos and organs
- Medicine, paint, cleaning products, chemicals and other hazardous waste
- Infant car seats and cribs
- Large appliances, such as washer/dryers, refrigerators and stoves
- Building supplies, such as lumber, cabinets and sinks
- Vehicles or their parts
- Outside play sets
- Mattresses & bed frames
- TVs or television sets
- CRT Monitors
- Weapons or ammunition
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida has Retail Stores and Donation Xpress Centers throughout Central Florida. Opens new windowFind a location near you.
Each donation to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida makes an impact. 90 cents of every dollar spent at Goodwill goes directly to programs that help people in our area.
Yes. Under federal law, you can deduct many financial contributions to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida and donations of gently used clothing and household items.
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service requires donors to value their items when filing tax returns. Opens PDF in new windowDownload a list of commonly donated items and their estimated values.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida accepts cell phones, computers and laptops. We even take obsolete and nonworking items that would otherwise clog landfills. Just drop off your items at any of our Retail Stores or Donation Xpress Centers.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida also practices environmental friendliness by recycling cardboard, plastics, mattresses and other items in our stores. Additionally, we have recently upgraded to a new online donation tracking receipt, eliminating carbon copy paper receipts.
Learn more about Goodwill’s commitment to sustainability.
It’s easy to hold a drive at your workplace, church, neighborhood or community group. We’ll provide donation bins, flyers and receipts. Visit our Donate page for more information.
You can help raise awareness of Goodwill Industries of Central Florida’s work by encouraging your family, friends and neighbors to watch this video and join the “Donate Movement.” Opens new windowWatch video.
Goodwill Industries has made it easy for you to track your donations to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida for year-end tax purposes. When you drop off your donation, you will receive a Donation Tracking Receipt. This makes it easy for you to record your annual donations to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is a registered, reputable 501(c) non-profit organization. You can view our certification here. Opens PDF in new windowYou can also view our sales tax exemption certificate here.
· As a non-profit, Goodwill is “owned” by the communities it serves and is governed by a board of directors made up of volunteers from throughout its 6-county service area. You can see the current Board of Directors here.
· Donations to Goodwill support our goal of providing job training and career development services, particularly to individuals with disabilities and/or other barriers to employment. Our mission is “Building Lives That Work.”
· Goodwill Industries of Central Florida provided free vocational services to over 41,544 people in 2019, and helped over 9,325 find jobs in our community.
· More than 90 cents of every dollar earned by Goodwill Industries of Central Florida supports its life-changing mission. Nationally, Opens new windowCharityWatch, an independent organization that evaluates philanthropic organizations, gives Goodwill an “A” rating — one of the highest in the country for a non-profit organization. You can also view Goodwill’s tax documents through Opens new windowGuideStar, whose mission is to revolutionize philanthropy by providing information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions, and encourages charitable giving.
· Goodwill Industries follows a rigorous process to determine executive compensation.Opens new window Learn more here.
Yes. Our stores offer:
- “Color of the Week” specials – 1/2 off on most color-tagged items
- Senior discount for individuals 55 and older on Mondays
- Active duty or retired military discount on Wednesdays
- All items purchased “as is”. No Refunds. Textile (clothing) items can be exchanged within three (3) days of purchase with a receipt and original tag. All other items are final sale.
You can find a wide variety of items in our Retail Stores, including:
- Clothes and shoes with many designer labels
- Gently used name-brand furniture
- Housewares, kitchen items and small appliances in good working order
- Brand-new closeout merchandise (in some stores)
- Small electronics
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida accepts cash, checks, all major credit cards, Apple Pay, and Google Wallet.
Our customer experience and customer service are a top priority at Goodwill. We’ve listened to feedback from our shoppers, and they have overwhelmingly stated they want more treasures to find at the store.
Our new three-day exchange policy ensures that you have ample time to decide if the piece you’ve chosen is the perfect fit for your wardrobe. Should you find that an item doesn’t quite match your expectations, simply return it to us within three days from the date of purchase. Just remember to keep the tag attached and bring your receipt, and our team will be more than happy to assist you with an exchange.
At Goodwill, donations = jobs . . . and jobs change lives.
You can help by rounding your purchase to the nearest dollar and donating the change to Goodwill Industries of Central Florida. Your quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies support Goodwill’s vocational programs that help people find jobs and achieve economic self-sufficiency right here in Central Florida.
We offer competitive benefits for employees, including:
- Group health, dental and vision insurance (full-time only)
- Paid vacation (full-time only)
- Paid personal leave (full-time only)
- Holiday pay (full-time only)
- Company-paid life insurance (full-time & part-time)
- Direct deposit
- 403(B) Retirement plan w/company match (employee contributions)
- Employee discount
- Employee tuition scholarship
- Prosperity planning
You can apply via our Opens new windowCareers Portal, email, or in person.
Here’s what some of our employees are saying about working for Goodwill Industries of Central Florida:
- “I fell in love with the mission . . .”
- “It is a rewarding experience to go home and know that I have helped someone to be a better person . . .”
- “Working for Goodwill gives me the opportunity to work for an organization with a great mission . . .”
- “They have an excellent salary and incentive plan, and the benefits are remarkable . . .”
- “I love working for Goodwill Industries. It’s a company that puts feet to their mission . .”
Job Skills & Programs
Yes, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida offers services to the community at no charge – funded by the sale of items in our Retail Stores.
To sign up for job skills services, please call our Vocational Services Center at 407-235-1500. You may also fill out our Opens PDF in new windowapplication for services and bring it in to any of our Job Connection Centers. For all other services, please call 407-857-0659.
We are offering our Job Connection Services virtually through Goodwill Connects. Click here for more information.