File your taxes for free
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a free tax preparation service run by volunteers offered to families throughout Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties. Once filing season opens, our volunteers are available to help you file your taxes at a time and location convenient for you.
VITA offers free tax help to those who make $66,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers will provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing. We also provide other essential information, like special tax credits you may qualify for to maximize your tax refund. If you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), you can get over $6,000 back.
Things you may need when filing your taxes:
- Valid photo ID
- Copy of your 2019 tax return, if available
- Social security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for you, your spouse, and any children born before 12/31/2020
- Income documentation, including W-2 forms for all jobs held during 2020, and any 1099 forms showing other income for the year
- Bank account information (including routing and account numbers) or a blank check for direct deposit, if applicable
- Forms 1095 – A, B, and C Health Coverage Statement
If you are unable to visit a local VITA tax preparation site, you may be able to file your 2020 taxes using IRS Free File. IRS Free File lets you prepare and file your federal income tax online for free. File at an IRS partner site with the IRS Free File Program or use Free File Fillable Forms. It’s safe, easy and no cost to you.