The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a free tax preparation service run by volunteers offered to families and individuals in Central Florida. Once filing season opens, our volunteers are available to help you file your taxes at a time and location convenient for you.
VITA offers free tax help to those who make $66,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers will provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing. We also provide other essential information, like special tax credits you may qualify for to maximize your tax refund. If you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), you can get over $6,935 back.
Things you may need when filing your taxes:
- Valid photo ID
- Copy of your 2020 tax return, if available
- Social security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for you, your spouse, and any children born before 12/31/2021
- Income documentation, including W-2 forms for all jobs held during 2021, and any 1099 forms showing other income for the year
- Bank account information (including routing and account numbers) or a blank check for direct deposit, if applicable
- Forms 1095 – A, B, and C Health Coverage Statement
For more information, dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211.
Please note no walk-ins will be accepted. Appointments with a VITA tax volunteer will be on Fridays at the Orange Blossom Trail Goodwill from 11AM-3PM starting February 4 through April 15. Call (407) 235-1541 to make an appointment.
- Click here to find a VITA location near you in Orange, Osceola, and Seminole Counties.
- Click here for Brevard County VITA locations.
- Click here for Lake County VITA locations.
- Click here for Volusia County VITA locations.
- Click here to search VITA tax preparation sites in Florida.
- Click here to view more 2022 free income tax preparation sites.
If you are unable to visit a local VITA tax preparation site, you may be able to file your 2021 taxes virtually using IRS Free File. IRS Free File lets you prepare and file your federal income tax online for free. File at an IRS partner site with the IRS Free File Program or use Free File Fillable Forms. It’s safe, easy and no cost to you.
You may also file your taxes virtually at https://FLTaxesOnline.org.
Download VITA flyer