Things you may need when filing your taxes:
- Valid photo ID
- Copy of your 2021 tax return, if available
- Social security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for you, your spouse, and any children born before 12/31/2022
- Income documentation, including W-2 forms for all jobs held during 2022, and any 1099 forms showing other income for the year
- Bank account information (including routing and account numbers) or a blank check for direct deposit, if applicable
- Forms 1095 – A, B, and C Health Coverage Statement
For more information, dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211.
If you are unable to visit a local VITA tax preparation site, you may be able to file your 2022 taxes virtually using IRS Free File. IRS Free File lets you prepare and file your federal income tax online for free. File at an IRS partner site with the IRS Free File Program or use Free File Fillable Forms. It’s safe, easy and no cost to you.
You may also file your taxes virtually at https://FLTaxesOnline.org.
Click here to download a guide for filing your taxes in 2023.
Enter your zip code to find an IRS VITA site.
Click here to search the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Locator.
Click here to find a VITA site in Volusia county.